Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What is my goal?

Well, I've finally joined the in-crowd now and have created my first blog. Thanks to my wife for her help in getting me started. In creating my page, I didn't know exactly what to do, but as usual God put something on my heart. The picture pretty much says it all and it's relatively simple when you think about it. The Cross of Jesus should be our Goal, but in "my" world I sure do find it hard to focus on that goal.

I've been reminded of the goal over the last couple of weeks, once again thanks to my wife. If you haven't noticed I have been working a lot. All in an effort to help our family's finances, but in doing so I lost focus on what is important -- God in my life. With all of my busyness I have neglected my relationship with God and my family. I have a Pastor friend who always said, "If the Devil can't make you bad, he will make you busy." So true, and in keeping you busy, you become consumed in that busyness. That's where I have been.

The cross is where I want to be and need to be. I am reminded everday of the blessings God pours out on me and these blessings are the simplest of things. My Christianity, my family, my church, my friends, my health, my job(s), my house, my vehicles, my food, my clothes, everything I could ever want, I have. Sometimes it's hard to recognize that, but everyday that I work I see people who don't have some of these things or any of these things.

So why do we look past what we have now and look ahead to see what is to come? We're not promised even tomorrow. I know it is human nature, but I want to strengthen my relationship with Jesus so much that my faith overwhelms my human nature. I know what my goal is, I just pray to God for the strength to reach for it everyday.

5 comments:

Ty Ty's Tyrades said...

I am your first comment! YEAH!!! I love your blog! I have noticed a huge change in you and I know that is God grabbing at your heart! You are with us again and not somewhere else in never never land! Thanks for being such an awesome man, husband, and father! God knew what he was doing when he put you in my path! There was no stopping us was was there! Not parents, miles, states, girls, guys, nothing! I love you! Renee

Paige said...

I am so excited to see your blog and to see your focus. It was really weird not seeing you at church. Especially after a crazy summer of shaved ice and daily visits. You know, sometimes you can see the blessings in the "busyness". God is always there for us and what we choose to give Him is a choice we make. It might take a little busyness just so we can see that we need to refocus and adjust our priorities. I am glad you are back brother, I very much enjoy hearing your perspective on things and having you there as a leader!

Brook said...

I loved reading you post tyty! Since I haven't been able to talk to you or hear your perspective in Sunday School, it is good to hear what God's been doing in your life. I agree...busyness is EVIL!

(Umm, you may want to talk to Renee though, b/c she keeps posting things in your name and it's making you sound a little girly.)

Shawn Gray said...

Man It seems like forever since I have been able to just hang out with you. We really need to get together soon.

Ersella said...

Hey Ty thanks for your blog. It seems like for the longest time I have been struggling. I am just trying to keep my head above water with a smile on my face. Somehow reading your words put me at ease. Thanks bud.